Saturday, September 24, 2011

Some of my favorite songs of all time

     There's a lot of great new music blogs on blogger like Sub-Radar Mike'sD4's and Lee Lee's and listening to the music out now it got me thinking about how I don't really keep up with music anymore.  I still love music and listen to it all the time but I guess I'm stuck in a past era like most people who get older.  Nowadays, I just listen to my old school rap on KDAY and various rock on JACK and it's good enough for me.

     When I was younger, I always had to be up on the latest jams.  I was a huge hip hop fan and when I was into it (1993-2005), it was a golden age for rap.  From the Wu-Tang Clan to Group Home to Mobb Deep, The Dawg Pound and Snoop and Dre, rap was great and I loved it all.  I got so into it I even started producing it myself!  My mom got me a Roland Groovebox for my birthday when I was 19 and it was on from there!  I started producing my own music along with a friend of mine and pretty soon we got a song on a demo by a rapper called Knoc-turn'al. We weren't that talented but my buddy was his brother in law so we got hooked up.  I even got a chance to meet Dr. Dre when Knoc-turn'al later started working with him.  I got a bunch of songs that we made back then that I soundclouded and I'll put them up in another post if you guys want.

     When I first started listening to hip hop, one of the first album's I bought was A Tribe Called Quest's Midnight Marauders.  I loved this CD so much especially this song...


Of course growing up on the West Coast specifically in LA, I loved my gangsta rap.  There was so much great gangsta rap at this time, it was a golden age.  Da Baka Boyz really ripped this one up...

Later on, rap got even more interesting with the whole East Coast vs West Coast thing.  What started out as a friendly rivalry ended up in something tragic when 2 of the greatest ever, Tupac and Biggie were murdered.  My favorite Biggie song ever is Juicy.  Such a great song.

I have a lot of favorite Pac songs but probably my favorite Pac song was Only God Can Judge Me...

Anyways, that's all for now.  These were just some of my favorite songs when I first got into music.  Later on, I got into all different kinds of genre's of music and I will share them in another post.  Anybody else like me and liked rap back in the day?

PS
For D4.  Here was one of the songs we made.  If you got subs turn them up!

Disclaimer: Nothing in this blog should be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell any securities! Please do your own due dilligence before buying any stocks or bonds!

22 comments:

  1. I just downloaded the first 2, I already had the last 2 :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I used to LOVE rap. One of my first CD's was A Tribe Called Quest and that.. wasn't too great because I started comparing everything to them and a lot of newer stuff fell flat.

    Also yes, Soundcloud it. I bite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great song i just love rap-hip hop my favorite 2pac song is to my unborn child ,let's fight ,hit em up and more :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stuff man. Honestly I think Tupac's way better than Biggie but that's just my opinion and it's not a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved the wu tang clan especially taht song CREAM

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one is in my heart :) lovely taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. one of the best songs ever.: http://youtu.be/Nntd2fgMUYw

    Save Tonight !

    nice post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wu tang Clan are still the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I didn't hate the songs, I must say that I also didn't like it. I guess I'm the type of guy who prefers love songs or rock music.

    Nice blog though, +followed

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice song !
    wu tang caln - bee :o omg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know why, but I can't listen to this kind of music for too long. Not that I dislike it, I just....temporarily like it. Good thing there's not many to go through :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got to say these videos was pretty cool! Great find man! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would be interesting to hear your old stuff, post the sound cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "A tribe called quest" is one of the best groups ever!
    All these songs are amazing!
    By the way great blog my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Juicy is on my all time favorite list too. With going back to cali a close second.
    This post reminded me when i was younger, i used to listen NWA, Public Enemy, Big Daddy Kane, Run DMC, 2Pac, Nas and stuff like that. Nas was probably what i used to listen the most.
    Thanks for the good memories sir!

    ReplyDelete
  16. excellent old school rap tracks. I like newer pop-ish hiphop myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why'd you stop? You're not half as bad as you made yourself out to be.

    ReplyDelete