Thursday, August 4, 2011

who wants a sammie?

Here is a simple but tasty sandwich I make for myself and my uncle which you might like.  It is my Italian Turkey-cheddar and avocado sammie.  Its pretty easy to make but the ingredients are the key especially the tomato which is vine ripened from my garden.

2 slices oroweat twelve grain bread
4 slices oscar meyer deli sliced turkey breast
1 slice sargento sharp cheddar cheese
2 slices organic vine ripened heirloom tomato
1/4 haas avocado
1 pinch of seasoning salt
1 pinch of italian seasoning

Layer the turkey breast, tomato and cheddar on top and sprinkle italian seasoning on the cheese.  Toast in toaster oven for about 4 minutes.  Peel avocado and spread liberally on the other piece of bread.  Sprinkle some seasoning salt on the avocado and put the sandwich together.  Add some bacon if you really want a tasty sandwich.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment